Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

WD My Net AC1300 router and My Net AC Bridge

Western Digital launched its first routers about a year ago, and now it's entered into the 802.11ac market with the My Net AC1300. It has also launched the My Net AC Bridge, which will be needed to get the best performance as few devices have 11ac capability yet.

It's by far the fastest 11ac router I've tested to date, achieving 170Mbps throughput at close range and 70Mbps at 25m. 11n performance was a bit patchy, though. It's not too expensive, however, at £135 for the router and £69 for the bridge. You can read my full news article over on ZDNet UK.

The WD AC1300 has a nice graphic menu system

At close range, performance is impressive

Even at 25m, throughput still topped 70Mbps

Design is compact but plain
The matching AC bridge has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports


No comments:

Post a Comment