Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

Review: Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center

I've looked at several single-bay NAS devices, and this one from Iomega is one of the most complicated. Although the supplied software utilities are not too bad, particularly the Quikprotect file sync service, it has a poorly designed admin menu system that drove me nuts. It's a real shame, as the unit is sturdily built and is relatively inexpensive. You can read my full review on Computeractive.

I've included my performance results from Passmark Performance Test 7 below. As you can see, it's not particularly fast, but for most home users it's perfectly adequate.
It has a metal case
The menu system is awful

Database workload

File Server workload

Web Server workload

Workstation workload



No comments:

Post a Comment